With the continuous improvement of our modern technology, indeed our mode of communication now is far better compared in the past generation. Email has greatly changed the way we relay our message either it’s just a casual form of message or a more formal one which is focused in our work. It is for this reason, that we should give emphasis on the right method of composing our emails. We have to adopt proper etiquette in writing our emails to effectively communicate our messages and send them with enough courtesy to the receiver. By observing good email etiquette, this method can be considered a modern art of communication already, since we try to present our emails in a more attractive and appealing manner.
Here are some vital tips to consider when composing your email either for work or other purposes:
- Consider the person who will be the recipient of your email as you construct your message. Make your email message as readable, clear and short as possible.
- Attach relevant information in the subject line of your email. This would help the reader easily recognize the importance f the email message and will be very useful for future retrieval and referencing.
- Present yourself as a responsible and capable individual. Good impressions really last, so whatever message you want to send through email whether it is for a follow-up for your medical benefits claim under medical billing and coding, be sure to construct your email properly and professionally.
- Use proper punctuations and correct grammar when your email is intended for a business correspondence or any formal notifications for your boss or other colleagues at work.
- Don’t include sensitive or personal matters in your email. It would be wise if your message is too personal to see the person involved and talk to him/her or perhaps make a call if there is urgency to relay the message.
- Minimize the list of recipients and those copied to individuals who are really involved with that concern and are entitled to be notified through that email.
- Be extra cautious on what you include in your email message. Always concentrate on what kind of message you want to send in the first place. Highlight the important ideas at the beginning of your email.
- Lastly, before clicking that “Send Button”, check for any misspelled words, any grammatical errors or if you are sending that particular email to the right person.
Avoid rushing and once you have sent your email, there is no way to cancel it. Take your time and write an effective email to get better response in the end. Make each email a true example of modern art of communication with your creative mind.